Judas Priest, the Stones and the Peppers are among the rockers to appear on the new ‘Guitar Hero Live’
“Guitar Hero Live”, the first new manifestation of the “Guitar Hero” video game series in five years, is inching closer to a release, and an early track list for the set as surfaced via Rolling Stone. According to the list, longtime rock and metal acts Judas Priest, the Rolling Stones, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pantera will all be featured on the new game, as well as songs from an assorted set of artists.
Judas Priest’s “Breaking the Law,” the Stones’ “Paint It Black” and Pantera’s “Cowboys from Hell” are among the picks, as well as tracks by Green Day, System of a Down, Fall Out Boy, the Killers, Rage Against the Machine, My Chemical Romance, the Black Keys, Alter Bridge, the Lumineers and Ed Sheeran. How’s that for an eclectic mix?
“Guitar Hero Live” is the first Guitar Hero game that will offer a “first-person mode,” giving the player the feel of performing in front of a virtual crowd. The throng of people will cheer you on if you play the right notes and boo you if you butcher the set. “Guitar Hero Live” will arrive this fall and come in a range of mobile devices and consoles.
Photo by Anne Erickson
- Rob Halford Box Set on the Way this Spring
- Judas Priest Review: ‘Turbo 30’ Revisits Classic Album with New Life
- Judas Priest, Jimi Hendrix Set for Record Store Day ‘Black Friday’
- Judas Priest, Korn, All That Remains and More Set for 2015 Knotfest
- Slash, Rob Halford and Joe Elliot Set for VH1 Classic’s ‘Rock Icons’