‘Montage of Heck’ will be released on Blu-ray and DVD this fall
We’ve been hearing all about the new Kurt Cobain documentary, “Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck,” for the past few months. The film, which is the first fully-authorized Kurt Cobain documentary, premiered earlier this week on HBO, but if you missed it, you’ll have a chance to pick it up when the movie is released on Blu-ray and DVD in North America this fall.
According to an official release, the physical version of “Montage of Heck” will pack some bonus content. The film itself offers a plethora of previously unreleased recordings, artwork and private, home movies.
As for new music, an album featuring previously unreleased Kurt Cobain recordings is also on the schedule. Director Brett Morgen told Bedford + Bowery that the album, which should arrive this summer, “will feel like you’re kind of hanging out with Kurt Cobain on a hot summer day in Olympia, Washington, as he fiddles about. It’s going to really surprise people.”
Meanwhile, a “Montage of Heck” book is out this week. It’s stuffed with rare photos and extended transcripts from the interviews Morgen conducted for the film.
- Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain + Alice in Chains’ Layne Staley – Remembering the Legacy
- Smile Empty Soul’s Sean Danielsen Talks ‘Rarities,’ Covering Nirvana and More
- Nirvana Singer Kurt Cobain Would Have Turned 50 Years Old Today
- Nirvana Compilation ‘Incesticide’ Turns 25 in 2017
- Krist Novoselic on What Kurt Cobain Would Think of Modern Music