Pearl Jam bass player Jeff Ament says the band will likely get working on new music in the next year
Pearl Jam fans have been hoping for new music for a couple years, and in a new interview with Vice, bass player Jeff Ament gives some hope that 2016 will be the year for a new album from the grunge guys.
“The band will probably try and get another record going in the next year,” Ament said. The potential new music would Pearl Jam’s last studio album, 2013’s “Lightning Bolt.”
Ament went on to talk about his work building skate parks for youth communities in his home state of Montana, as well as South Dakota. He pays for most of the skate parks out of his own pocket, and then the band’s Vitalogy Foundation takes $3 from every ticket, which goes to each of the band members’ causes.
“The way I look at it is if I’m touring and doing more things with the band, I make more money,” Ament said. “If I make more money I build more parks. It helps me get more excited about touring because I’m usually not too excited about it.”
Pearl Jam’s next gig is at the 2015 Global Citizen Festival on Sept. 26 in New York City’s Central Park. Next up, Pearl Jam will tour South America in November.
- Record Store Day 2017: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Def Leppard + More
- Pearl Jam Guitarist Mike McCready to Release Photo Book
- Original Pearl Jam Drummer Talks Rock Hall Induction
- Eddie Vedder Makes Family’s Christmas Dream Come True
- Soundgarden Guitarist Kim Thayil Talks Pearl Jam Rock Hall Pick