Kurt Cobain’s cover of the Beatles ‘And I Love Her’ is coming to vinyl
The recent documentary about Kurt Cobain called “Montage of Heck” featured unreleased demos from Cobain, including a recording of him covering the Beatles’ “And I Love Her.” Now, that cover song, plus a recording of the Nirvana song “Sappy,” are slated to arrive as a seven-inch single this fall. The website for New England record store Bull Moose reports that the single will arrive on Nov. 20. It’s currently available for pre-order.
“Montage of Heck” director Brett Morgen announced the news of the single via Twitter, stating, “There will be a limited run so I’d pre-order from your local vinyl store if interested.”
In other news, a full album of previously unreleased Cobain demos from “Montage of Heck” will arrive on Nov. 6, in conjunction with the release of the film on Blu-ray and DVD.
“Montage of Heck” premiered on HBO earlier this year. It’s the first fully authorized documentary on the life of Cobain.
- Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain + Alice in Chains’ Layne Staley – Remembering the Legacy
- Smile Empty Soul’s Sean Danielsen Talks ‘Rarities,’ Covering Nirvana and More
- Nirvana Singer Kurt Cobain Would Have Turned 50 Years Old Today
- Nirvana Compilation ‘Incesticide’ Turns 25 in 2017
- Krist Novoselic on What Kurt Cobain Would Think of Modern Music