Record Store Day “Black Friday” will offer Judas Priest, Hendrix releases
Record Store Day’s “Black Friday” event is coming up on Nov. 22, offering limited-edition vinyl releases that are for sale exclusively at select independent record stores. Sony’s Legacy Recordings label has unleashed its initial list of special releases for the special day, and among the big names are releases from Judas Priest, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble.
Judas Priest’s released is the “Painkiller” EP, a 10-inch, die-cut buzz saw disc celebrating the 25th anniversary of the group’s 1990 “Painkiller” album. Hendrix’s release is “Burning Desire,” a two-LP set with instrumental jams and demos that Hendrix recorded back in 1969 and 1970. Vaughan and Double Trouble’s Record Store Day release is a double-disc live album called “A Legend in the Making” that follows the band’s July 1983 show at Toronto’s El Mocambo Club. The album features a white-vinyl LP and a gray-vinyl disc.
Other artists set to release special Record Store Day “Black Friday” releases include Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, the Alan Parsons Project and the Isley Brothers.
For more information about Record Store Day’s “Black Friday” event, head to RecordStoreDay.com.
- Record Store Day 2017: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Def Leppard + More
- Rob Halford Box Set on the Way this Spring
- Judas Priest Review: ‘Turbo 30’ Revisits Classic Album with New Life
- In This Moment, Killswitch Engage + Prophets of Rage: Record Store Day Black Friday Picks
- Metallica Book Record Store Day In-Store Performance