‘Metallica: Back to the Front’ will be ‘worth the wait,’ according to the band
Metallica are teasing fans about the release of their new book, “Metallica: Back to the Front,” which will give the story behind the “visual history” of the group’s seminal 1986 album, “Master of Puppets,” and the tour that followed. The Matt Taylor-penned book will arrive in the fall of 2016.
“We’re pretty sure it will be worth the wait as the book is chock full of exclusive intensive interviews with all of us as we spent countless hours with Matt digging deep in our memory banks for stories, anecdotes, tidbits and tales from the studio, the road and beyond,” Metallica wrote in a statement.
“Back to the Front” will pack exclusive interviews with members of Faith No More, Anthrax and more, as well as an interview with Ray Burton, the father of late Metallica bass player Cliff Burton. Burton passed away in a bus accident a few months after “Master of Puppets” dropped.
In other news, Metallica are currently writing and recording a new album. The much-anticipated set will mark the follow-up to 2008’s “Death Magnetic.”
- Korn Taps Metallica Bassist Robert Trujilo’s Son for Upcoming Tour
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich: You Want to Make Shows into Events
- Metallica and Lady Gaga Share Grammy Rehearsal Footage
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich Talks Grammys, Lady Gaga