Producer Greg Kurstin says Beck’s new album is nearing completion
Beck’s new album is coming along, according to Greg Kurstin, who co-wrote and co-produced Beck’s latest single, “Dreams.” Beck released “Dreams” last summer, and Kurstin says the upcoming album – the follow-up to Beck’s Grammy-winning “Morning Phrase” – will follow the funky nature of “Dreams.”
“We’re just trying to finish those [songs] up in the beginning of the year,” Kurstin told Entertainment Weekly. “There’s a lot of variety, but it’s a lot more up-tempo than his last album. I think ‘Dreams’ is a small idea of what we have been working on.”
Kurstin said Beck is writing the new tunes with the idea of performing them live in mind.
“We’ve been working on a lot of stuff that will be fun to play live,” he said. “It reminds me of some of the first stuff I heard from Beck when I first got into him, like Odelay and Midnite Vultures. It’s really fun and beat-driven. There’s all kinds of different things, and it’s really fun.”
Beck has a show scheduled for Jan. 7 in Las Vegas. Other than that, his 2016 is pretty clear, leaving time to wrap up the album, no doubt.
- Stone Sour, Nine Inch Nails, Beck Set for Record Store Day Black Friday
- Beck Announces 2015 Tour Dates
- Beck Responds to Kanye West’s Grammy Comments: ‘I Still Love West’
- 2015 Grammy Awards Rock and Metal Winners
- Beck and Coldplay Among Artists Featured on the ‘2015 Grammy Nominees’ Album