Disturbed’s remake of the Simon & Garfunkel classic is going strong
Distubed have really struck a chord with their cover of “The Sound of Silence.” The metal band’s rendition of the Simon & Garfunkel classic as made it onto the often pop-heavy Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Disturbed’s cover tune is currently No. 88 on the chart, which looks at the popularity of singles from all music genres.
Simon & Garfunkel’s “The Sound of Silence” reached No. 1 on the Hot 100 back in 1966. I’m wondering how many people who hear Disturbed’s version of the song today even realize it’s a cover.
“The Sound of Silence,” appears on Disturbed’s latest studio album, “Immortalized,” which dropped last year. The album marked the band’s return after a four-year hiatus. Other popular singles off the album include “The Light” and “The Vengeful One.”
In other news, Disturbed recently finished up the first leg of their North American tour behind “Immortalized.” They’re back on the road this week.
Stream Disturbed’s Cover of ‘The Sound of Silence’:
Photo credit: Travis Shinn
- Art of Anarchy’s ‘Bumblefoot’ on Why Rock Will Never Die + More
- Disturbed Guitarist Dan Donegan Surprises Fan in Hospital
- Disturbed Release ‘Sound of Silence’ Virtual Reality Video
- Disturbed Announce Live Album, ‘Live at Red Rocks’
- Disturbed Drummer Mike Wengren: I Don’t Think We Were Ever Nu-Metal