Watch Corey Taylor’s cover of the Prince song ‘Purple Rain’
Musicians around the world have been honoring Prince at their concerts and discussing the impact the late musician had on their lives.
Stone Sour and Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor was playing a solo gig at First Avenenue in Prince’s hometown of Minneapolis Thursday (April 21), the same venue where scenes for the movie “Purple Rain” were filmed. Taylor opened the show with a heartfelt, acoustic cover of the Prince song “Purple Rain.”
Pearl Jam performed a concert in Columbia, South Carolina, on Thursday, and frontman Eddie Vedder launched into a speech about Prince. He said Prince was “probably the greatest guitar player we’ve ever seen” and also performed an instrumental rendition of “Purple Rain.”
Mumford & Sons were performing in St. Paul, Minnesota, that same night. They pulled out a cover of “Nothing Compares 2 U.”
Prince passed away Thursday. He was 57.
Watch Corey Taylor’s cover Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’:
- Stone Sour to Release New Album, ‘Hydrograd,’ in June
- Mumford & Sons Announce New U.S. Tour Dates
- Original Pearl Jam Drummer Talks Rock Hall Induction
- Eddie Vedder Makes Family’s Christmas Dream Come True
- Soundgarden Guitarist Kim Thayil Talks Pearl Jam Rock Hall Pick