Two Pearl Jam albums are getting mastered specifically for vinyl for the first time
Pearl Jam is going vinyl. The grunge guys have announced they will reissue their 1996 album “No Code,” which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and their 1998 release, “Yield,” on wax.
Both reissues will be mastered specially for vinyl via Grammy Award-winning engineer Bob Ludwig. This is the first time both “No Code” and “Yield” have been mastered for vinyl, too. The releases will arrive Aug. 5 and are currently available for pre-order on Pearl Jam’s official website.
The vinyl fun continues, too, as Pearl Jam will also unleash the singles from both albums as seven-inch vinyl records. Those include “Who Are You,” “Hail, Hail” and “Off He Goes” off “No Code” and “Given to Fly” and “Wishlist” off “Yield.”
Pearl Jam are currently on a North American run, which will close out with a two-night stop at Chicago’s Wrigley Field. That’s appropriate, as Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder is a major Chicago Cubs fan.
Follow Audio Ink on Facebook here and Twitter @AudioInkRadio.
- Record Store Day 2017: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Def Leppard + More
- Pearl Jam Guitarist Mike McCready to Release Photo Book
- Original Pearl Jam Drummer Talks Rock Hall Induction
- Eddie Vedder Makes Family’s Christmas Dream Come True
- Soundgarden Guitarist Kim Thayil Talks Pearl Jam Rock Hall Pick