Kings of Leon’s new studio set, ‘Walls,’ drops in October
Kings of Leon will drop their seventh studio effort, “Walls,” on Oct. 14. One big difference on this album is that the family members – brothers Caleb,Nathan and Jared Followill and cousin Matthew Followill — now have a “better, stronger relationship outside of music than we did in the past,” they told Billboard.
The guys are ready to get back to doing music, too.
“There comes a point when you realize you’ve lost that passion and that hunger,” Caleb told Billboard. “You’re chastened and want to get it back — and in order to get it back it’s like, ‘Forget about record sales, forget about the size of the venue you’re playing, forget about any of that stuff.'”
This time around, Kings of Leon tapped Markus Dravs to produce the set. His resume includes working with Arcade Fire and Mumford & Sons.
“(Dravs) just said things that nobody had ever said to us,” Jared said. “Like, ‘I don’t like that song, that’s not good, we can move on from that.'”
“Walls” will mark the band’s follow-up to 2013’s “Mechanical Bull.”
Kings of Leon’s ‘Walls’ Track List:
- Kings of Leon Announce North American Summer and Fall Tour
- Arctic Monkeys, Lorde, Kings of Leon, Foster the People Set for Lollapalooza 2014
- Report: Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon, Eminem and Skrillex to Play Lollapalooza 2014
- Kings of Leon Featured on ‘August: Osage County’ Soundtrack with Acoustic Version of ‘Last Mile Home’
- Pearl Jam and Kings of Leon Donating Items for Sandy Hook Promise Auction