Dave Grohl’s mom interviews moms of rock stars for new book
Virginia Grohl, who is the mother of Foo Fighters frontman and Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl, has penned a book named “From Cradle to Stage: Stories from the Mothers Who Rocked and Raised Rock Stars.” In the read, Virginia speaks with the moms of various “rock stars” about their experiences raising a child who is a professional musician.
Virginia interviews a slew of high-profile moms in the book, including Hester Diamond, mother of Beastie Boys’ Mike D; Marianne Stipe, mom of R.E.M.’s Michael Stipe; Janis Winehouse, mother of Amy Winehouse; Donna Haim, mother of the Haim sisters; Patsy Noah, mom of Maroon 5’s Adam Levine; and Verna Griffen, mother of Dr. Dre.
Dave Grohl contributes a foreword to “From Cradle to Stage,” and the book also features a handful of Grohl family photos.
- Smile Empty Soul’s Sean Danielsen Talks ‘Rarities,’ Covering Nirvana and More
- Nirvana Singer Kurt Cobain Would Have Turned 50 Years Old Today
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins