Actor-musician Jared Leto will portray Andy Warhol in a new film
Thirty Seconds to Mars frontman Jared Leto has been tapped to play famed ‘60s artist Andy Warhol in an upcoming biopic, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Leto will also co-produce the movie. “Boardwalk Empire” Terence Winter wrote the script.
Warhol rose to fame during the 1960s pop art movement, which brought together pieces of fine art with pop culture for the first time. He’s widely known for his Campbell’s Soup Cans paintings. Other actors and musicians who have portrayed Warhol in films include David Bowie, Crispin Glover and Guy Pearce.
Leto is a longtime actor. He scored a Best Supporting Actor Oscar in 2014 for his role in the feature film “Dallas Buyers Club.” His latest movie is “Suicide Squad,” where he played the Joker, and Leto is currently filming the upcoming sequel to “Blade Runner.”
Leto, of course, is also popular with his band, Thirty Seconds to Mars. The guys recently implied that they’re working on new music and shooting to have it out in 2017. Leto has released four studio albums with Thirty Seconds to Mars to date, the last being 2013’s “Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams.”
Follow Audio Ink Radio on Facebook here and Twitter @AudioInkRadio.
- Jared Leto Launching Interview Show Series
- Jared Leto is Storing His Oscar in the Kitchen
- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars and AFI Announce 2014 Carnivores Tour
- 30 Seconds to Mars’ Jared Leto Says Music Hopefuls Should Watch His ‘Artifact’ Documentary
- 30 Seconds to Mars, Green Day, Linkin Park, Avicii Win MTV Europe Music Awards