Metallica go for the heavy with ‘Atlas, Rise!’
Have you heard the new Metallica song? The guys unleashed the tune – called “Atlas, Rise!” – on Halloween, and the song brims with thumping drums, razor-sharp riffing and sneering vocals. It’s classic Metallica.
“Atlas, Rise!” will arrive on Metallica’s much-anticipated upcoming album, Hardwired…to Self-Destruct. Previously, they released the new tunes “Hardwired” and “Moth into Flame” off the release.
Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich recently told Rolling Stone that the guys had literally more than 1,500 song ideas for the new album.
“We record everything we do,” he told Rolling Stone. “When we started the album, I had an iPod with over 1,500 song ideas, jams and riffs on it, and they each have a number. I went on some really long road trips and listened to that for hours and hours. I’d write down, “‘912’ sounds like a good idea.’ (Laughs) Then James and I started connecting the dots about a year, year and a half ago. That’s when the songs started taking shape.”
“Hardwired…to Self-Destruct” will reach stores Nov. 18.
- Jason Newsted Weighs In on Metallica’s New Album and Robert Trujillo
- Korn Taps Metallica Bassist Robert Trujilo’s Son for Upcoming Tour
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich: You Want to Make Shows into Events
- Metallica and Lady Gaga Share Grammy Rehearsal Footage