Judas Priest’s upcoming reissue of ‘Turbo’ celebrates the classic album’s 30th anniversary
British metal titans Judas Priest are revisiting their popular “Turbo” album in honor of the collection’s 30th anniversary. The album, which is Judas Priest’s 10th, has been remastered and with a plethora of goodies, and it dropped on Feb. 3 on three CDs: the original album and two bonus CDs. It’s also available on special, 150g vinyl.
“Turbo 30” features the classic Judas Priest lineup of Rob Halford (vocals), Glenn Tipton (guitar), KK Downing (guitar), Ian Hill (bass guitar) and Dave Holland (drums). What makes this a special Judas Priest release is the careful attention to details in packaging this as both a tribute to “Turbo” and something new. Included the CD reissue is a previously unreleased live recording from the band, “Live in Kansas City,” taken from the band’s 1986 Fuel for Life tour to promote “Turbo.”
“All in all, ‘Turbo’ is a reflection on the metal scene as we saw and felt it at that time and a record we look back on and celebrate now with fondness and a mixture of memories,” Judas Priest states in the album’s liner notes.
With popular metal tracks such as “Turbo Lover” and “Parental Guidance,” this Judas Priest reissue breathes new life into a classic, heavy album favorite. It’s a reminder of why Halford is and will always be considered one of the greatest power vocalists in metal and surrounds himself with solid players.
- Judas Priest, Jimi Hendrix Set for Record Store Day ‘Black Friday’
- Judas Priest, Korn, All That Remains and More Set for 2015 Knotfest
- Judas Priest, the Rolling Stones, Red Hot Chili Peppers to Appear on ‘Guitar Hero Live’
- Slash, Rob Halford and Joe Elliot Set for VH1 Classic’s ‘Rock Icons’
- Judas Priest to Release Re-mastered Edition of ‘Defenders of the Faith’