Metallica have granted the filmmakers of independent film Hesher the use of some of their songs for the soundtrack. Hard to believe? Maybe a little. Metallica aren’t known for lending their music to many movie causes. But but it sure didn’t hurt that film co-star Rainn Wilson of The Office praised Metallica’s music, calling the black-clad metallers “The Beatles of heavy metal.”
Report courtesy of Gibson.com.
- Dave Grohl, Josh Freese Among Gibson.com’s Top 10 Rock Drummers of All Time
- Avenged Sevenfold Bass Player Says Next Album Will Be Difficult Without the Rev [VIDEO]
- Disturbed, Paramore, the Black Keys Make Gibson.com’s Top 10 Modern Rock Bands of the 2000s
- Ted Nugent Gets Political on the Simpsons
- System of a Down Play First Show in Five Years