But the heart of the Midwest – Columbus, Ohio - hosts one of the biggest hard rock, alternative and metal music festivals in the country: Rock on the Range.
Rock on the Rage marks its fifth year May 21-22, and the line-up was announced this morning. Headlining… ready for this?… it’s A Perfect Circle, Disturbed, Stone Sour, Staind, Korn, P.O.D., Avenged Sevenfold, Hollywood Undead, Pop Evil, Art of Dying and many more. The acts are solid and strong.
This is Staind’s first performance in two years, and while frontman Aaron Lewis has been dabbling in country music, the band plans to release its follow-up to 2008′s, “The Illusion of Progress,” later this year. Meanwhile, this is Maynard James Keenan’s first performance of the year with A Perfect Circle. He’s been busy juggling his sketch comedy side project, Puscifer, and his wine-making documentary, “Blood Into Wine.”
- P.O.D. (Payable on Death) Ink to Razor & Tie, Plan New Album
- Dave Grohl, Josh Freese Among Gibson.com’s Top 10 Rock Drummers of All Time
- Avenged Sevenfold Bass Player Says Next Album Will Be Difficult Without the Rev [VIDEO]
- Disturbed, Paramore, the Black Keys Make Gibson.com’s Top 10 Modern Rock Bands of the 2000s
- Metallica Contrubite to Movie Soundtrack for ‘Hesher’