August Burns Red app makes personalized baseball cards
Metal-core isn’t known for being a warm and fuzzy genre, but the guys of August Burns Red certainly have a knack for bringing an amusing, down home feel to their art. The band recently launched an online feature that allows fans to create their own virtual August Burns Red baseball cards, complete with a personalized photo, name and position.
To participate, simply “like” August Burns Red’s Facebook page, and then go to the page designated with the baseball icon. Then, upload your photo, and that’s it— your photo will be inserted inside a virtual baseball card. Photos have a 2 MB cap, so you’ll have to resize any gigantic photos first. Pretty snazzy, heh?
August Burns Red recently launched their own mobile app for Apple iTunes and Android.
August Burns Red’s latest album, Leveler, is currently available on Solid State Records. The album debuted No. 11 on the Billboard 200 chart in June, selling about 29,000 units. The band are currently taking some time off the road, but they’ll set off on an overseas tour in October with dates in Japan, Germany, Sweden, France, Austria and elsewhere.
- Texas in July’s New Album to Feature August Burns Red, We Came as Romans, Hundredth Members
- August Burns Red to Release Christmas Album
- August Burns Red Release Brooding Video for, ‘Empire’
- August Burns Red Get Their Own Mobile App
- August Burns Red Release Music Video for ‘Internal Cannon’