Killswitch Engage part ways with singer Howard Jones
For months, rumors have swirled that heavy metal band Killswitch Engage and singer Howard Jones were contemplating a split. Now, it’s official: Killswitch Engage and Jones are ending their sortie.
“The End of Heartache” metallers issued this statement to fans explaining the split: “To our family, friends and fans: We have decided to continue on without Howard Jones as the singer of Killswitch Engage. We love Howard and are thankful for the nine years that we’ve had him in the band. Out of respect for everyone involved we will not be discussing the specific reasons behind this decision.”
They added that there are no ill feelings between former band members: “Howard is a part of our family and always will be, and we wish him well. He has left big shoes to fill, so we certainly have our work cut out for us to find the next singer of Killswitch, something we plan on making priority #1 going forward. Most importantly, thanks to all of you for all the support throughout the years and for sticking by us for all this time. We really do appreciate it and we very much look forward to having a new record for all of you in the not too distant future that we can all be proud of. Sincerely, Adam, Joel, Mike & Justin.”
Soon after the news broke, speculation surfaced that fellow metal group All That Remains singer Phil Labonte would step into the role of Killswitch frotnman, but he quickly shot down those rumors: “No, I’m not gonna be singing for [Killswitch Engage],” he stated on his official Facebook page. Who do you think should be the next Killswitch Engage vocalist?
- Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Asking Alexandria and More to Play Dirt Fest 2016
- Killswitch Engage, Anthrax and Mastodon on ‘Game of Thrones’ Mixtape
- Killswitch Engage Singer Jesse Leach to Embark on Spoken Word Tour
- Nickelback, Stone Sour, Killswitch Engage and More Featured on Roadrunner Records 30th Anniversary Set
- Killswitch Engage Drummer Justin Foley Sitting Out Tour; As I Lay Dying’s Jordan Mancino Filling In