Funk-rock guys Red Hot Chili Peppers cover Neil Young, the Stooges and more on covers sets
Red Hot Chili Peppers were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last weekend, and the funk-rock gents are set to commemorate that induction with a unique, digital-only EP. The six-song assortment, titled “We Salute You,” will arrive May 1 on Warner Bros. Records, and the track listing includes cover songs by Iggy and the Stooges, Neil Young, the Beach Boys, the Ramones, David Bowie and Dion and the Belmonts.
Specifically, the track listing includes the Ramones’ “Havana Affair,” Dion and the Belmonts’ “A Teenager in Love,” Iggy and the Stooges’ “Search & Destroy,” the Beach Boys’ “I Get Around” and David Bowie’s “Suffragette City.” Most of the songs have been released in some form over the years, but never digitally. While there are no Peppers hits here, the variety of covers is pretty impressive. For more information on the upcoming release, head to the band’s official website.
Red Hot Chili Peppers — including singer Anthony Kiedis, bass player Flea, drummer Chad Smith and guitarist Josh Klinghoffer — were inducted by Chris Rock at the 27th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, which happened on Saturday, April 14, in Cleveland. What’s your favorite Peppers track? Let us know in the comments section, below.
Red Hot Chili Peppers’ ‘We Salute You’ Track Listing:
“A Teenager in Love” (Dion and the Belmonts)
“Havana Affair” (Ramones)
“Search & Destroy” (Iggy and the Stooges)
“Everybody Knows This is Nowhere” (Neil Young) [live]
“I Get Around” (The Beach Boys) [live]
“Suffragette City” (David Bowie) [live]
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden and Arcade Fire to Headline Lollapalooza Chile and Argentina
- Red Hot Chili Peppers to Release ‘I’m Beside You’ Compilation for Record Store Day Black Friday
- Red Hot Chili Peppers and Neil Young to Play Silverlake Conservatory of Music Benefit
- Former Red Hot Chili Peppers Guitarist John Frusciante Explains Why He Left the Band
- Former Red Hot Chili Peppers Guitarist John Frusciante to Release EP