Smashing Pumpkins frontman lays down guitar lines for the Veronicas’ upcoming release
If you haven’t heard, Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan has been giddy in love lately, thanks to his girlfriend of two years, Jessica Origliasso of pop rock band the Veronicas. Now, the two are taking their love to the studio.
Speaking with Faster Louder, Origliasso explained that some artists appear on the Veronicas’ upcoming album, due out sometime later this year, and that “there is some artist collaboration on this record, it’s not necessarily singing – more writing and creating as well as a couple of other things… can we talk about that?… We have guest appearances…”
That’s where Corgan comes in. Origliasso recently tweeted a photo of Corgan in the studio with the Veronicas, and the caption read, “Laying guitars down on the title track of our new record, with this unbelievable man..” Check out the photo, here. No word yet on whether Origliasso will appear on the Smashing Pumpkins’ upcoming album, “Oceania,” which is due out June 19 on EMI.
As for the Pumpkins’ new album, Smashing Pumpkins manager Peter Katsis says to expect “an album experience.” He added the release “is intended for the process of the release to follow a path of inclusion, so that best efforts are made for all the fans hear it at the same time as press or radio,” according to an official statement. “We were excited to find partners in EMI Label Services that were equally passionate about the plan for the album release as well as being huge fans of the Pumpkins.”
- Slash, Billy Corgan, Joan Jett and More Honored at Alternative Press Music Awards
- Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan Appears in Latest Issue of ‘Food Network Magazine’
- Billy Corgan Calls Tommy Lee His ‘Brother and Friend’
- Soundgarden’s Kim Thayil Recalls Josh Homme and Billy Corgan Stopping By During ‘Superuknown’ Sessions
- Billy Corgan Finds Treasure Trove of Old Smashing Pumpkins Material