U2 frontman Bono celebrated his daughter’s 21st birthday in Las Vegas last weekend
Not only is U2 frontman Bono a bona fide rock star, but he’s also a darn cool dad. The singer recently took his daughter Eve Hewson to Las Vegas in honor of her 21st birthday, and he even went so far to tape a Lady Gaga song for the occasion.
According to The New York Post, Bono, his wife Ali and and daughter Eve, as well as a crew of family and friends, spent Saturday night (July 7) at the Las Vegas club 1Oak. Bono passed along a CD to the DJ to play, and it was actually a recording he and Ali had put together for Eve, featuring the two of them belting out Lady Gaga’s duet with Beyonce, “Telephone.” Who would have pictured U2’s voice singing a Gaga tune? Bono apparently also had two magnums of Dom Perignon champagne ordered for their table and booked a full LED light show.
Before hitting up the club, Bono and his wife treated Eve took their entourage to dinner at the famed Vegas restaurant Tao and, reports the Las Vegas Sun, also attended the Cirque du Soleil show, The Beatles’ LOVE. After the show, Bono joked and asked the cast when Cirque du Soleil would make a show with U2’s music.
Eve Hewson is a star in her own right, having appeared as an actress in the 2011 flick This Must Be the Place with actor Sean Penn.
- U2 Singer Bono Named One of Forbes’ Most Influential Celebrities
- U2 Frontman Bono Becomes a Member of the Hurricane Sandy Relief Organization’s Advisory Board
- U2 Guitarist’s Music Rising Charity Kicks Off Hurricane Sandy Relief Program
- U2 Frontman Bono Talks New Album
- Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers and U2 Make Forbes’ Highest-Paid Musicians List