Jerry Cantrell and Mike Inez from Alice in Chains are set to honor the Wilson sisters later this month
As Alice in Chains continue to work on their highly anticipated follow-up to 2009’s “Black Gives Way to Blue,” guitarist and singer Jerry Cantrell and bass player Mike Inez are lending some of their free time to honor classic rockers Heart.
Cantrell and Inez will be in downtown Los Angeles on Sept. 25 for the ceremony celebrating Heart members Ann and Nancy Wilson getting their own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The celebration will happen at 11:30 a.m. PT at 6752 Hollywood Boulevard just outside of the famed Musician’s Institute. Actress Rita Wilson, wife of Tom Hanks, will also be at the ceremony to honor the famous sisters.
Fans who want to check out Alice in Chains give kudos to Ann and Nancy can watch the ceremony right their home computers and laptops or on mobile devices, as the whole show will be streamed live via WalkOfFame.com.
In other Alice in Chains news, the Amica Seattle Marathon and Half Marathon takes place this Nov. 25, and one of the groups set to benefit is Therapeutic Health Services — an organization with the purpose to “rehabilitate individuals and heal families affected by alcohol dependence, drug dependence or mental illness” — in conjunction with the Layne Staley Memorial Fund, dedicated to the late Alice in Chains frontman. For more information on the event, go here.
- Alice in Chains, Jane’s Addiction, Coheed and Cambria + More to Play 2013 Uproar Festival
- Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam Members to Take Part in Rock Hall Induction
- Bush, Alice in Chains, Thousand Foot Krutch to Play Rocklahoma 2013
- Alice in Chains, Limp Bizkit, Lynyrd Skynyrd to Headline Welcome to Rockville
- Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden to Play Rock on the Range 2013