Foo Fighters drummer jammed with Jane’s Addiction at a recent California gig
Foo Fighters may be taking a break from doing any major tours at the moment, but that doesn’t mean drummer Taylor Hawkins is going to rest on his laurels. The famed grunge-rock drummer recently made a guest appearance during a Jane’s Addiction show in Dana Point, Calif.
As Grunge Report reports, Hawkins joined Jane’s Addiction about halfway through the band’s set and played on the song “Chip Away.” The song proved a drummer’s heyday, as each of the members of Jane’s Addiction took their turn at playing the drums at one point during the track. As for the rest of the show, Jane’s Addiction churned out longstanding hits such as “Mountain Song,” “Jane Says” and “Stop,” plus plenty of newer tracks off their current full-length, “The Great Escape Artist.”
In other Foo Fighters news, the band recently performed an acoustic set at the Democratic National Convention which included their popular songs “My Hero” and “Walk,” off 1998’s “The Colour and the Shape” and 2011’s “Wasting Light,” respectively. The band’s performance came just a few hours before President Obama formally accepted his party’s nomination and gave his acceptance speech. Other performers who played alongside the Foos at the convention included James Taylor and R&B performer Mary J. Blige. The band have a few more festival dates planned through the rest of this month, and for a full list of tour dates, visit the Foos’ official website.
- Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl Performs with the Rolling Stones at Anaheim Concert
- Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode Join Global Citizen Ticket Initiative
- Alice in Chains, Jane’s Addiction, Coheed and Cambria + More to Play 2013 Uproar Festival
- Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam Members to Take Part in Rock Hall Induction
- Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl Not a Fan of Reality TV Singing Shows