The Killers are continuing their tradition of releasing an annual Christmas single
The Killers are gearing up to release their annual Christmas single, and guitarist Dave Keuning says fans shouldn’t have to wait too much longer to hear the festive tune. The song will mark the sixth year in a row in which the guys have cranked out a holiday tune. It’s also the follow up to last year’s Christmas track, “The Cowboy’s Christmas Ball.”
“It should be coming out any day, I don’t know when the exact release date is but it’s 99% done,” Keuning told Tone Deaf. “There’ll be another one for people to have if they want it.”
According to Keuning, the song, which is an original, doesn’t really sound like any of the band’s other Christmas tracks. “It doesn’t sound like a Christmas song right away, it takes a little while for that element to kick in, but I like this one,” he said.
Right now, the Killers are on tour overseas. They’ll jet back to the U.S. later this month to kick off the newest leg of their North American tour on Nov. 29 at the 1st Bank Center in Broomfield, Colo. That tour wraps up with back-to-back shows at the Chelsea at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Dec. 28 and 29. For a full list of upcoming tour dates, head to the Killers’ official website.
- The Killers Announce Christmas Singles Compilation
- Mark Stoermer of the Killers Announces Solo Album, ‘Dark Arts’
- Brandon Flowers on New Killers Music: We Need to Get That Drive Back
- Brandon Flowers Explains How the Killers’ Christmas Single Tradition Began
- The Killers’ Brandon Flowers Says Bands Today Can’t Match U2’s Impact