Goo Goo Dolls will release their 10th studio album this spring
The Goo Goo Dolls have announced that their new album, “Magnetic,” is set to hit store shelves on May 7. The band has already posted the album’s debut single, “Rebel Beat,” on YouTube, and the single will be available via all the usual online outlets on Feb. 12.
“I’m so proud of our new album,” frontman Johnny Rzeznik said in an official statement. “I’ve had such a great time and learned so much from the amazingly talented people who worked on it with me.”
He added, “I think that positive energy comes across on the songs. Writing and recording Magnetic changed my thinking about making music and doing it in a fun way.”
“Magnetic” will mark Goo Goo Dolls’ 10th studio release and the follow-up to 2010’s “Something for the Rest of Us.” As for the knob-twiddling, producer Rob Cavallo contributed to the release, as well as various producers who have worked with Train, Bon Jovi and Katy Perry.
In other Goo Goo Dolls news, the band just wrapped up a performance at the Creative Coalition’s Inaugural Ball Monday night in Washington, D.C.
- Goo Goo Dolls Frontman John Rzeznik Welcomes a Baby Girl
- Goo Goo Dolls to Play Rob Machado Foundation Benefit Show
- Goo Goo Dolls’ Robby Takac Talks Social Media, Bass Playing and More
- Daughtry, Goo Goo Dolls Teaming for Co-Headlining 2014 Summer Tour
- Goo Goo Dolls Announce Acoustic Tour