Shinedown’s Brent Smith says the latest tour will offer ‘absolute rock fury’
The gents of Shinedown kick off their latest North American tour tonight (Feb. 1) in Moline, Ill., and they’re taking Three Days Grace and P.O.D. with them. Lead singer Brent Smith says that while the stage show should feature some larger-than-life elements on this tour, the focus is still on the band’s music.
“We always go above and beyond, because we want it to be electrifying and exciting, and we want it to be intense and have fire and it be absolute rock fury, because that’s what we do,’’ Smith tells the Green Bay Press Gazette. “But at the end of the day, with all the bells and whistles, that’s all fine and good to have, but if the songs have no substance and no one cares, then it doesn’t matter.’’
As for a new Shinedown album, Smith says the group doesn’t have plans to start work on a new set right now. “We really do consider ourselves a living, breathing piece of art, so we take our time when we’re writing songs, and ultimately, when we’re putting that together to produce a record and make an album,” he explained.
For a complete list of upcoming tour dates, head to Shinedown’s official website.
- Shinedown’s Brent Smith and Zach Myers Cover Pearl Jam’s ‘Black’
- Shinedown Planning Storyteller-Style Tour Following Carnival of Madness
- Carnival of Madness Featuring Shinedown, Papa Roach, Skillet Reveals First Round of Dates
- Shinedown, Papa Roach, Skillet and In This Moment Lead 2013 Carnival of Madness Tour
- Shinedown to Unleash ‘The Warner Sound Live Room EP’