Foo Fighters frontman says he’s plotting the band’s next studio release
Foo Fighters singer Dave Grohl has been busy as of late, especially this week, as his Sound City Players brought their act to South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas. Now, Grohl is getting back into Foo Fighters mode, and the singer and guitarist has dished that he has some interesting plans for the band’s upcoming, eighth studio album.
“[I’ve got] a crazy idea of what I want to do with the next record and how we record it,” he told Billboard. “It’s not conventional. It won’t be a conventional record.”
While Grohl isn’t too specific about just what he has in mind for the next album, he does have an idea of the timeframe to record and release the album. He says that the band has already started the writing process for the set, but he thinks it will be a while until the songs get fleshed out onto tape. “When we start working on a record, what I’ve found is we work best at our own pace, and sometimes it happens quickly and sometimes it takes awhile,” he said.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’