Brandon Flowers of the Killers is already thinking about the follow-up to his solo debut
The Killers are still on the road in support of their 2012 release, “Battle Born,” but frontman Brandon Flowers is already talking about going the solo route again. The Killers vocalist has dropped the news that he plans to start writing and recording the follow-up to his 2010 solo debut release, “Flamingo,” following the band’s current run on the road.
“I’m definitely gonna do another solo record at some point,” Flowers told NME. “’Flamingo’ wasn’t just me dipping my toes in the water. I really loved it.”
Flowers added that the fact “Flamingo” sold big is partly why he wants to continue pursuing a solo career, but that isn’t the most important factor. “[Flamingo] was successful, and that helps, but I love those songs and I miss singing them,” he said. “It wasn’t something I had totally planned on, but I’m always writing songs, and I think — or I hope — that I’m always gonna have that.”
“Flamingo” entered the Billboard 200 albums chart at No. 8 and pushed 41,000 copies its debut week out, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
- The Killers Release ‘Christmas in L.A.’ Video Starring Owen Wilson
- The Killers Ready Holiday Single, ‘Christmas in L.A.’
- Brandon Flowers Says the Killers’ ‘All These Things That I’ve Done’ Borrows David Bowie Bass Line
- The Killers Release ‘Shot at the Night’ Music Video
- The Killers to Release Greatest Hits Package, ‘Direct Hits’