Queens of the Stone Age’s Josh Homme wants to make a new album ‘right away’
Queens of the Stone Age scored their first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart last week with “…Like Clockwork,” and now, singer Josh Homme is ready to start recording another set. Speaking with Billboard, Homme said while the guys are feeling things out when it comes to a new album, he’s like to get start right now.
“I think we should make a record right away — but I think we’ll know when that is,” he said, adding that he’s keeping any plans for a new album secret for now. “The future is always out there,” he said. “Isn’t that the minimum obligation of a band, to try to enthrall and surprise and, with as much mystery as possible, appear to its fans.”
As for “…Like Clockwork,” Homme says it’s one of the best releases from Queens of the Stone Age to date. “[…Like Clockwork is] the tightest, bond-wise across the board, we’ve ever been,” he said. “Everyone trusts each other. Everybody has each other’s backs, and I think that solidarity really helped to sort of stabilize the sort of more vulnerable moments of the record.”
Queens of the Stone Age are on tap to play Lollapalooza in Chicago, Ill., on Aug. In September, the guys will set out on a fall North American tour. Find tour dates here.
- Mastodon, Queens of the Stone Age Project Gone Announces Debut Album
- Gone is Gone Announce First Tour Dates
- Gone Is Gone, with Mastodon and Queens of the Stone Age Members, Announces EP
- Mastodon, Queens of the Stone Age, At the Drive-In Members form Gone Is Gone
- Queens of the Stone Age’s Josh Homme, Iggy Pop Team for New Album