‘Dinosaur Jr. by Dinosaur Jr.,’ an official book about the legendary underground indie band, will arrive in November
Before Nirvana, there was Dinosaur Jr. The legendary grunge band was one of the first to break out of the American underground in the ‘80s, and the guys are still together, making music. Now, a new coffee table book about Dinosaur Jr. is set to hit stores, featuring rare photos, random artifacts and interviews with band members.
“Dinosaur Jr. by Dinosaur Jr.” is due out late November via U.K. publisher Rocket 88 Books. As for what to expect from the read, according to a post on the group’s official website, the book is “the first official book to tell the story of the band, by the band” and “told in all its weirdness and warped beauty by the people who were there.”
Two versions of the oral-history-style book will be available: the hardcover “Classic Edition,” which comes swathed in purple cloth and runs around $62.50; and the band-autographed “Signature Edition,” which arrives in a clamshell box and costs about $390.50.
“Dinosaur Jr. by Dinosaur Jr.” is available for preorder exclusively via the book’s official website.
- Blink-182, Fall Out Boy, Dinosaur Jr. + More to Play Riot Fest
- Mudhoney, J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. and More to Play Sub Pop’s Silver Jubilee
- Dinosaur Jr. Release ‘Pierce the Morning Rain’ Music Video
- Dinosaur Jr.’s J Mascis, Dirty Projectors to Appear on ‘Portlandia’
- Dinosaur Jr. to Unleash Live Album, ‘Chocomel Daze’