AWOLNATION will hit the studio following their North American tour
AWOLNATION have been out on tour for the past two years, supporting their debut album, “Megalithic.” Now, frontman Aaron Bruno and the guys are ready to once again hit the studio to write and record their sophomore release.
According to the group’s record label, Red Bull Records, the band is about to start “a three-month stint in Red Bull Studio LA” to put together AWOLNATION’s next release. The label added that the new record “doesn’t have a name yet, but according to staff at Red Bull Records it’s expected to be released sometime in the New Year.”
“Megalithic Symphony” featured the hit song “Sail,” which was certified triple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America this summer.
Bruno recently checked in with Audio Ink Radio and stated that Nirvana is the band that made him want to pursue music. “Nirvana is the band that made me feel like I could pick up my guitar and sing along,” he said. “I would play their songs in my bedroom. I did know how to play a couple of chords on guitar, but nothing fancy; just basic guitar.”
The last show of AWOLNATION’s current North American tour is Oct. 6 at the SECU Arena in Towson, Md.
- AWOLNATION Announce Summer 2016 Tour
- AWOLNATION’s Aaron Bruno on Success: It Doesn’t Seem Real at All
- AWOLNATION Announce New Album, ‘Run’
- AWOLNATION’s New Album to Feature Collaboration with Former Journey Singer Steve Perry
- AWOLNATION’s ‘Sail’ Inside List of Top 10 Longest-Charting Hits on Billboard Hot 100