Imagine Dragons singer Dan Reynolds says the band has been writing new music on the road
Imagine Dragons have been on the road for the past two years in support of their debut album, “Night Visions.” Even with all the time spent on tour, Imagine Dragons singer Dan Reynolds says the band has a ton of demos and song ideas for the group’s upcoming, sophomore album.
“We write on the road — in a hotel room at night or on the tour bus or on a plane,” he tells Billboard. “I already have, like, 35 demos in a playlist folder in my iTunes, [titled] ‘No. 2’.”
But don’t expect those new tunes to surface too soon. “I think ‘Night Visions’ has a lot of breath and life left in it,” Reynolds added. “I think it’s going to go on for a little while more.”
Reynolds says that when the time comes for the band to get back into the studio, he thinks the process will be similar to how Imagine Dragons put together “Night Visions.”
“I don’t know when that day will come, but when it does we’ll sort through all those demos like we did for the first album and pick out our favorites and work on them in the studio, in a live setting, and that’s where they’ll really come alive,” he said.
- Linkin Park, Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy and More on Shazam’s New Music Discovery Program
- Imagine Dragons Fan Finds Band Merchandise Hidden in Nevada Desert
- Imagine Dragons Announce New Album, ‘Smoke + Mirrors’
- Lorde, Imagine Dragons and Bastille Score American Music Awards Nominations
- Imagine Dragons Contribute New Song to ‘Transformers’ Soundtrack