Dave Grohl on Foo Fighters’ new release: ‘We’re writing the album in a way that I don’t think has been done before’
Dave Grohl and his band Foo Fighters have taken some time off as of late, but now, the guys are ready to get back into the studio and create a new album that’s nothing like any other band has created before them.
Speaking with Rolling Stone at the American Music Awards, Grohl gushed about the upcoming album, stating, “We’re doing something that nobody knows about, it’s … rad. We begin recording soon, but we’re doing it in a way that no one’s done before and we’re writing the album in a way that I don’t think has been done before.” So, Foo Fighters are using a top-secret recording process for their new album? That sounds very Dave Grohl.
The release would be the follow-up to the band’s Grammy Award-winning 2011 album, “Wasting Light.”
In other Foo Fighters news, the group will be back on the stage on Dec. 11 and 13, playing shows in Mexico City. Grohl also recently recorded a new album with country group the Zac Brown Band. The release, named “The Grohl Sessions Vol. 1,” will be available via iTunes on Dec. 10.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’