Owen Wilson stars in the Killers’ music video for their new holiday single, ‘Christmas in L.A.’
The Killers are back with their annual Christmas song, “Christmas in L.A.,” and the tune coupled with the song’s music video take a look at the holiday blues.
The video, which is posted on Rolling Stone’s official website, stars Owen Wilson as an actor who is all alone during the Christmas season. The clip begins with Wilson and Harry Dean Stanton chatting about wanting to become a successful actor, and then continues to footage of Wilson sadly traveling around Los Angeles on Christmas Day. Killers frontman Brandon Flowers croons, “I played so many parts/I don’t know which one’s really me/Don’t know if I can take/Another Christmas in L.A.”
The Killers have released a Christmas single every year for the past several years for charity. All proceeds from the sales of “Christmas in L.A.” will go to the (RED) campaign that fights HIV/AIDS in Africa. The tune is available now via iTunes.
In other Killers news, the band is currently on break and Flowers recently hinted that he’ll be releasing a new solo album in 2014.
- The Killers Announce Christmas Singles Compilation
- Mark Stoermer of the Killers Announces Solo Album, ‘Dark Arts’
- Brandon Flowers on New Killers Music: We Need to Get That Drive Back
- Brandon Flowers Explains How the Killers’ Christmas Single Tradition Began
- The Killers’ Brandon Flowers Says Bands Today Can’t Match U2’s Impact