Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar will perform together at the 2014 Grammys
Hot alternative act Imagine Dragons are set to perform with rapper Kendrick Lamar at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, and as it turns out, the idea came right from Lamar. Imagine Dragons guitarist Wayne Sermon says the band was approached by Kendrick at the American Music Awards, and he pitched them the idea then.
“It was an easy thing to say yes to,” Wayne told USA Today. “It’s a chance to do something different and out of the box for us, too. We won’t be too disappointed if we don’t win a Grammy, just as long as our performance goes well. It’s the only thing we’ve got control over, so we’re focusing mostly on that.” Imagine Dragons is up for two Grammys at next month’s awards show.
Also on Imagine Dragons’ schedule is a performance at the Allstate Fan Fest in New Orleans on today (Jan. 1), one day before the Sugar Bowl. Wayne says performing a football event should earn him some respect from family members.
“All my brothers are athletic, and I was always the sad, less talented kid,” he said. “So the fact that we’re going to do something like the Sugar Bowl gives me cred with them. And that’s really the most important thing, to look cool to my older brothers.”
- Arcade Fire, Lorde and More Nominated for 2014 Woodie Awards
- Imagine Dragons Discuss Nerve-Racking Beatles Tribute Performance
- Dave Grohl, Imagine Dragons and More to Appear on ‘The Beatles: The Night That Changed America’
- Foo Fighters, Weezer, Imagine Dragons and Arctic Monkeys Lead Firefly Lineup
- Foo Fighters, Imagine Dragons and Fall Out Boy to Rock Super Bowl Festivities