Green Day will release an album of demos, called ‘Demolicious,’ this April for Record Store Day
Record Store Day is coming up on April 19, and Green Day are among the long list of artists that are announcing exclusive releases available for the annual celebration of locally-owned, brick and mortar record shops. The pop-punk trio will release a set called “Demolicious” on Record Store Day, which will feature Green Day demos recorded during the sessions that eventually became their 2012 album trilogy “¡Uno!,” “¡Dos!” and “¡Tré!”
Green Day recorded the 18 demos that will comprise “Demolicious” while writing music at Jingletown Studios in Oakland, Calif., in 2012. In addition to the demo recordings, the band will also include a previously unreleased track called “State of Shock” and an acoustic rendition of their song “Stay the Night” in the collection.
“Demolicious” will arrive as a two-disc vinyl package, available in red or clear vinyl, as well as on CD and – believe it or not – cassette.
In other band news, Green Day are currently in Australia to perform at the annual Soundwave Festival. Other than that stint, the guys are taking some time off from touring and recording this year.
- Record Store Day 2017: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Def Leppard + More
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Green Day to Close Out North American Tour at the Rose Bowl
- Green Day Announce 2017 Summer Tour Dates
- In This Moment, Killswitch Engage + Prophets of Rage: Record Store Day Black Friday Picks