Lorde, Imagine Dragons and Bastille are representing alternative rock at this year’s American Music Awards
When it comes to alternative rock, this year’s American Music Awards will have its dose with Lorde, Imagine Dragons and Bastille. Those three artists have notched multiple nominations for the 2014 AMAs, which honors the best in modern music as determined by a poll of the public and music sales.
Lorde and Imagine Dragons both earned nominations for the award’s biggest category, Artist of the Year. Bastille, Lorde and Imagine Dragons are also up for the Favorite Artist – Alternative Rock award.
Lorde is also in the running for Favorite Album – Pop/Rock and Favorite Female Artist – Pop/Rock. Imagine Dragons are also going for the Favorite Band, Duo or Group – Pop/Rock category, and Bastille earned a nomination for New Artist of the Year.
Music fans may vote once per day for all categories, excluding New Artist of the Year, right now on the American Music Awards website. Voters may also make their voices heard on Twitter by using the hashtag #AMAs and including the category and nominee. Voting for New Artist of Year will begin Nov. 1 and run through the first hour of the ABC broadcast.
The AMAs will air on Nov. 23 live from Los Angeles.
- Radiohead, New Order, Lorde + More Set for Coachella
- Linkin Park, Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy and More on Shazam’s New Music Discovery Program
- Imagine Dragons Fan Finds Band Merchandise Hidden in Nevada Desert
- Imagine Dragons Announce New Album, ‘Smoke + Mirrors’
- Lorde Releases New Single, ‘Yellow Flicker Beat’