Morrissey has revealed he’s been undergoing cancer treatment
Former Smiths singer Morrissey has revealed that he’s been battling cancer. Speaking with Spanish newspaper El Mundo, Morrissey dropped the news that doctors have “scraped cancerous tissues on four occasions.”
Morrissey has been in and out of the hospital often over the past few months, which is what sparked the El Mundo question. When asked how he’s been feeling, Morrissey responded with the news of his cancer treatment.
“If I die, I die. And if not, then no,” Morrissey said. “Right now I feel fine. I am not going to worry about it. I will rest when I die.”
Morrissey has canceled numerous shows due to several health issues, including a U.S. tour last June and 22 U.S. tour dates last year. He recent health issues have included a respiratory infection, anemia, pneumonia, an ulcer and Barrett’s esophagus.
- Morrissey Cancels Remainder of U.S. Tour
- Morrissey Announce North American Tour
- Morrissey Joins Harvest Records, Promises New Album in 2014
- Morrissey Working on Novel and New Music
- Morrissey to Release Remastered Edition of ‘Your Arsenal’