‘Tiberius’ is the latest song from Billy Corgan and the Smashing Pumpkins
The Smashing Pumpkins have debuted a new song, “Tiberius,” which is the opening track on the group’s upcoming album, “Monuments to an Elegy.” “Tiberius” follows along the same character as the album’s first single, “Being Beige,” and sounds like classic Pumpkins with a grand, warm chorus and dramatic dynamics, while still taking the Pumpkins into a new era. The tune is currently streaming on YouTube.
“Tiberius” is the third song Billy Corgan and Smashing Pumpkins have released from “Monuments to an Elegy,” the others being “Being Beige” and “One and All.” Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee plays drums on the latter two tracks—an interesting collaboration that somehow works.
“Monuments to an Elegy,” which will arrive on Dec. 9, is the first of two upcoming albums from the Smashing Pumpkins. The other release, “Day and Night,” will arrive sometime in 2015.
Listen to the Smashing Pumpkins’ ‘Tiberius’:
- Smashing Pumpkins Reunite with James Iha for First Time in 16 Years
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’
- Billy Corgan Writes Tribute to Scott Weiland
- Billy Corgan: Radiohead Was the Last Band That Did Anything New With Guitar
- The Smashing Pumpkins Announce 2015 Acoustic Tour Dates