Royal Blood say having the chance to open for Foo Fighters on their upcoming 2015 tour is ‘insane’
British rock duo Royal Blood will open for Foo Fighters on the group’s stadium tour next summer, and they aren’t taking the opportunity lightly. In fact, the guys say it’s a longtime dream of the band’s to perform on the same stage as Dave Grohl and company.
“If you asked us individually before Royal Blood even started [which] band we’d most like to tour with, the Foo Fighters would be the ones,” drummer Ben Thatcher told NME. “So to get the opportunity on this album run is insane.”
Royal Blood will set off on the Foo Fighters’ 2015 North America tour beginning July 6 in Camden, N.J., through August 25 in Pittsburgh, Penn. The Foo Fighters will keep trekking through an Oct. 7 gig in Memphis, Tenn. Iggy Pop has also been tapped to open for Foo Fighters on select dates of the tour.
Royal Blood released their self-titled debut album earlier this year.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’