The Smashing Pumpkins are going acoustic
The Smashing Pumpkins already have a busy summer planned, thanks to a tour with, of all acts, Marilyn Manson. Before the Manson dates, Billy Corgan and the crew will hit the road on their first acoustic tour, called “The Smashing Pumpkins: In Plainsong — An Acoustic-Electro Evening.” Anyone who has seen the Pumpkins in concert can attest to the fact their live show should lend well to an acoustic environment.
On the tour, Corgan says to expect to hear some of his solo work, plus music from his brief side project Zwan.
“The Smashing Pumpkins: In Plainsong” will kick off June 15 in Buffalo, N.Y., and run through a June 25 show in Minneapolis. The band’s tour with Manson will start July 7 in Concord, Calif.
‘Smashing Pumpkins: In Plainsong’ Tour Dates:
6/15 — Buffalo, N.Y., Riviera Theatre
6/16 — Pittsburgh, Pa., Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead
6/17 — Indianapolis, Ind., Egyptian Room at Old National Centre
6/19 — Tulsa, Okla., Brady Theater, Limited Seating Engagement
6/20 — Des Moines, Iowa, Hoyt Sherman Place theatre.
6/22 — Kansas City, Mo., Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland
6/23 — St Louis, Mo., The Pageant
6/25 — Minneapolis, Minn., Pantages Theatre
- Smashing Pumpkins Reunite with James Iha for First Time in 16 Years
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’
- Billy Corgan Writes Tribute to Scott Weiland
- Billy Corgan: Radiohead Was the Last Band That Did Anything New With Guitar
- Billy Corgan Explains His Definition of a Rock Star