Billy Corgan digs his shout-out in the Foo Fighters’ funny video
Foo Fighters recently dropped a “major announcement” that they are not breaking up. That put to rest many of the rumors that frontman Dave Grohl was going solo. The guys released a short video poking fun at the rumors of their breakup, with Grohl acting like a diva going solo.
In the video, the remaining Foo Fighters members — Pat Smear, Nate Mendel, Taylor Hawkins and Chris Shiflett — brainstorm on who should be their new lead vocalist. One of the names that gets brought up is Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins, and Corgan got a kick out of the mention.
“This is hysterical,” Corgan wrote on the Pumpkins’ Facebook. “I’m honored to be mentioned, but there’s only one schmalz-master, and that’s D-G,” he added, likely referring to Grohl.
The Foos continue their brainstorming session and think about bringing on Gwen Stefani, Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell and, yep, Justin Bieber to take the place of Grohl. They end up with former boy-band heartthrob Nick Lachey. The guys perform an acoustic version of “Everlong” with their new frontman.
At the end of the video, the Foos state that “for the millionth time, we’re not breaking up.” That’s a good thing.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Smashing Pumpkins Reunite with James Iha for First Time in 16 Years