Dirt Fest 2016 will feature performances by more than 50 hard rock and metal bands
Killswitch Engage, Trivium and Asking Alexandria are slated to rock the 2016 Dirt Fest. The annual heavy music festival is moving this year from Birch Run, Michigan, to a larger venue at the Crofoot Festival Grounds in downtown Pontiac, Michigan.
The bands are bringing new tunes to the festival, to boot. Killswitch Engage are touring behind their latest studio album, “Incarnate.” Trivium recently released a new set called “Silence in the Snow.” Asking Alexandria are out in support of “The Black.”
Other heavy-hitters slated to play Dirt Fest 2016 are Jamey Jasta and Hatebreed, Heartsick, DeverauX, It Lies Within, Attila, Bury Your Dead, Walls of Jericho, Soil, Wilson, Beyond Threshold, Psychostick, Below the Tide, 6 Prong Paw, Ira Hill, Wrvth, Harlow, Five Hundredth Year, Myths and Legends, Dystopian I, Hyngd, As We Divide, Our Dying Day, Sydetrakt, After the Minor and more. It’s a mix of national acts and Michigan-bred talent.
Additional bands will be announced closer to the festival. In total, more than 50 groups will perform at the one-day, outdoor music event.
For information on Dirt Fest 2016 and tickets, go here.
- Killswitch Engage’s Jesse Leach Working on New Times of Grace Music
- Killswitch Engage, Anthrax + the Devil Wears Prada Announce 2017 Tour
- Top 5 Rock and Metal Albums of 2016
- In This Moment, Killswitch Engage + Prophets of Rage: Record Store Day Black Friday Picks
- Danny Wornsop Releases Solo Album Details and Reunites with Asking Alexandria