Five Finger Death Punch drummer says band already working on new music
This summer is bringing lots of touring for the hard rock gentlemen of Five Finger Death Punch, but that doesn’t mean they’re taking a break from writing music. Drummer Jeremy Spencer of the Los Angeles-based thrash outfit says that even while the band are out on the 2012 Trespass America Tour, the guys are hard at work on new music, and he hopes they’ll release a new album before too long.
“We have a portable studio on tour, so when have some down time and feel creative, we get to document ideas,” Spencer exclusively told Audio Ink Radio. “After the festival, that’s when we’re really going to get serious and lock ourselves away and focus on the next album, and we’re hoping to get something out by next summer.”
As fans wait for the new music to arrive, Five Finger Death Punch will rock the Trespass America Tour through Aug. 28, alongside a collection of metal and hard rock groups, including Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Pop Evil, Emmure, God Forbid and Battlecross. Check back for Spencer’s full interview with Audio Ink Radio in the coming weeks, and find a list of tour dates for the Trespass America Tour here.
- Five Finger Death Punch, Mastodon and More to Play 2013 Rockstar Mayhem Festival
- Five Finger Death Punch’s Jeremy Spencer Talks Trespass America, Kiss + New Music
- Rains Frontman Talks Touring with Five Finger Death Punch + More
- Killswitch Engage and Five Finger Death Punch Announce 2012 Tour Dates
- Five Finger Death Punch, ‘Remember Everything’ – Song Review