Foo Fighters plotting a hiatus, but not a full-fledged breakup
At the Foo Fighters’ show last Saturday (Sept. 29) at the Global Music Festival in New York’s Central Park, singer Dave Grohl told the audience that this would be the band’s last show for a long time, announcing that “This is it, man. We don’t have any [shows] after this. This is the show where we come out and we play as many songs as we can in a short period of time, because honestly, I don’t know when we’re going to do it again.”
Of course, this assertion caused many Foo fans to freak out at the thought of their favorite grunge rockers calling it quits.
Thankfully, on Monday (Oct. 1), MTV News contacted a spokesperson for the Foos asking for their camp to clarify if Grohl meant the band are breaking up. The Foos’ rep stated that the band “are definitely not breaking up.”
So, the Foos aren’t calling it quits, and all is right in the rock world. Chances are, the band will take some time off from the road to start working on their highly-anticipated follow-up to 2011’s “Wasting Light.” Grohl already hinted that the band were looking to work on new music back in December of 2011, so it seems the right time to get back into the studio and crank out some new grunge-rock gems.
- Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl Performs with the Rolling Stones at Anaheim Concert
- Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode Join Global Citizen Ticket Initiative
- Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam Members to Take Part in Rock Hall Induction
- Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl Not a Fan of Reality TV Singing Shows
- Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl Says New Album ‘Won’t Be Conventional’