Soundgarden release teaser of new track, ‘Bones of Birds,’ off their new album, ‘King Animal’
The countdown continues until Soundgarden’s first studio album in over 15 years reaches fans’ ears. With the significant length of time between Soundgarden albums, it’s hardly a hyperbole to say the new release, “King Animal” is one of the most anticipated rock albums of the year.
To get fans pumped for the album, Soundgarden have released a new, two-minute clip that offers a taste of the new song “Bones of Birds,” as well as a short interview with singer Chris Cornell and drummer Matt Cameron.
Cornell offers fans a glimpse into the inspiration behind “Bones of Birds” during the interview, explaining that the song is “a little dark” and took shape from Cornell’s experience as a parent and having to face his own child’s loss of innocence and growing pains. “When [children]…learn about the real world, it’s never a good thing,” the singer said. “It’s always because…of loss, something bad happens, something they weren’t expecting. I guess it’s the stress that I feel about not wanting them to have to go through those things, but obviously knowing it’s gonna happen.”
“King Animal” hits store shelves and online outlets on Nov. 13. For a full stream of Soundgarden’s first single off “King Animal,” “Been Away Too Long,” go here.
Watch Soundgarden Discuss Their New Song ‘Bones of Birds’:
- Soundgarden, Mumford & Sons and the Killers to Appear on PBS’ ‘Live from the Artists Den’
- Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam Members to Take Part in Rock Hall Induction
- Soundgarden Post Teaser from ‘Live from the Artists Den’ Show
- Soundgarden to Release ‘King Animal’ Demos for Record Store Day
- Soundgarden Announce Second Leg of 2013 North American Tour