Alternative metallers Deftones plan to release seven vinyl albums beginning on Record Store Day
There’s no denying it: Vinyl records are making a comeback. Just look at the numbers. Nielsen reports that sales of vinyl sides were up 16.3% in 2012, with a whopping 3.2 million vinyl records being sold last year. Add to that vinyl sales being up 39% in 2011, and you’ve got a full-fledged trend.
Deftones are one of the heavier bands getting in on the vinyl craze. The popular alternative metal outfit has announced they will release the first of seven special vinyl releases on Record Store Day, which falls on April 20 this year. The debut release, “Live: Volume 1 – Selections from Adrenaline,” will be offered up as a single disc 12-inch vinyl EP. The set comes a la a live show at Buffalo’s Memorial Auditorium in October, 1996, and is cut for vinyl by Bernie Grundman at Bernie Grundman Mastering Studios from the original live analog sources and pressed on both 120- and 180-gram highest-quality vinyl at Record Technology, Inc.
This year, Record Store Day celebrates its sixth anniversary of bringing together locally-owned shops for one killer day of sales and limited-edition, exclusive releases. For more on the annual event, head to Record Store Day’s official website.
- Foals Release ‘CCTV Sessions’ for Record Store Day’s ‘Back to Black Friday’
- Stone Temple Pilots, Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age Presenting Black Friday Record Store Day Releases
- Rolling Stones Prepping Record Store Day ‘Back to Black Friday’ EP Release
- Red Hot Chili Peppers to Release ‘I’m Beside You’ Compilation for Record Store Day Black Friday
- Record Store Day to Celebrate Black Friday 2013