Soundgarden are streaming an early version of their grunge hit ‘Black Hole Sun’
Chris Cornell and the guys of Soundgarden are getting ready to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the release of their seminal “Superunknown” album with two deluxe editions of the release, as well as a vinyl version. The deluxe “Superunknown” editions will offer plenty of bonus material, including previously-unreleased rehearsal recordings, b-sides and raw demos. All of the editions will arrive on June 3.
In preparation for the reissue, Soundgarden have unleashed a demo recording of “Black Hole Sun,” which earned the band a Grammy and is arguably Soundgarden’s biggest song. The tune is currently streaming via the band’s SoundCloud page and shows that even in its infant stages, “Black Hole Sun” had promise.
“Superunknown” topped the Billboard 200 chart when it was released in March of 1994 and is still Soundgarden’s best-selling album. The release also features popular Soundgarden tunes “Spoonman” and “Fell on Black Days.”
- Soundgarden Unveil Remixed Version of ‘Flower’
- Soundgarden Announce U.S. Tour Dates
- Soundgarden to Release ‘Ultramega OK’ Reissue
- Soundgarden Guitarist Kim Thayil Talks Pearl Jam Rock Hall Pick
- Soundgarden Guitarist Kim Thayil Reflects on ‘Badmotorfinger’ Years