Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan says he and Motley Crue’s Tommy Lee have become best buddies
Billy Corgan and the Smashing Pumpkins are in the studio, working on two new albums, slated to drop via BMG. To help with rhythms on the upcoming release, Corgan has enlisted none other than drum Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee. While the Crue’s ’80s metal music is far different from the experimental musings of Smashing Pumpkins, it seems to be a match that’s working out swimmingly.
According to Corgan, working with Lee has been such a good fit that he calls the two “brothers” at this point.
In a blog posted on the Smashing Pumpkins’ official website, Corgan had these glowing words to say about Lee: “I want to say that working with a musician as warm, bright, alive, intuitive, and concussive as T Lee has been a great joy, and a highlight of my musical life. Lucky am I to consider him a brother and a friend.”
Last month, Corgan said some similar glowing things about Lee, stating that the Crue drummer had turned the Smashing Pumpkins into “Supersonic Pumpkins” thanks to his crushing drum delivery.
Smashing Pumpkins’ new albums are expected to hit retail stores and online outlets in 2015.
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’
- Billy Corgan Writes Tribute to Scott Weiland
- Billy Corgan: Radiohead Was the Last Band That Did Anything New With Guitar
- Billy Corgan Explains His Definition of a Rock Star
- Billy Corgan Says Smashing Pumpkins’ New Album Won’t Be Pop-Oriented